Thursday, April 12, 2012

CHOICES Scholars Online

I've spent the last weeks enjoying sessions with teachers at the wonderful NC Social Studies Conference (I've called it Vegas for social studies geeks), a conference on Africa (where a colleague and I presented resources for teaching North Africa and the Middle East), SERMEISS (a small and vibrant gathering), and a new teacher workshop presented by UNC's Office of Admissions.  Saw so many old friends and made some new ones. No wonder I love the early spring.

And what could be better after such a whirlwind of workshops than to open my email and find that CHOICES has been at it again, creating terrific, up to the minute resources on The U.S. Role in a Changing World. My very favorite part is the short, two to three minute videos (CHOICES is calling them "Scholars Online") elucidating particular issues in U.S. policy. 

And there's an even bigger selection here.  Scroll down and take your pick. (The Middle East in Transition, anyone?)  It's absolutely addictive.  Perfect for your own background study and for sharing with students as well. 

No comments:

Post a Comment