Friday, February 28, 2014

Multilingual "Let It Go" Says "Bring It On" to World Language Learning

Alright, I'll admit it. I've had a hankering to be one of those Disney Princesses since I was three years old. (This despite the face that I nearly fell down the stairs in the clear plastic Cinderella shoes I'd pleaded for.)

Of course, I had my reservations. Don't we all?  But here's a video that may bring even the most reluctant Disney-disapprover into the fold.




Yes, that's Elsa from Frozen, singing her "I'm-going-my-own-way" song in twenty-five different languages. Play this one at home or in your class for young girls and then casually mention taking a closer look and listen to one of the languages Elsa is singing. I'll bet you get some interest.

If you're a teacher or a parent (or an aunt!) wanting to use this fun for global learning, you'll find some great ideas for research and discussion at Nat Geo's Blog

And ten years from now, watch out for the Daughters of Elsa world language students and speakers.

Linked to the My Global Life Link-up at SmallPlanetStudio.com 

My Global Life Link-Up

1 comment:

  1. So cool, Regina! I saw the movie back in December but I hadn't seen this video. Thanks for sharing!

    And thanks for linking this to the #MyGlobalLife Link-Up!

    ReplyDelete